Perfect Wedding Music
Every wedding is different and Mary Jane will work with you to find the music that’s just right for your day. Contact Mary Jane for your private consultation.
Music reflects your own style and lends grace and dignity to your wedding ceremony. Beginning with a music consultation that focuses on you and also plans for special venue and sound needs, Mary Jane will work to make your music part of a beautiful event. Generally, wedding ceremony music consists of the following:
- Prelude music while the guests are arriving
- Special piece for the seating of the mothers and grandmothers
- Processionals for the bridesmaids and then for the bride
- Softer music for unity candle lighting, sand ceremonies, or communion
- Recessional – hurray!
- Postlude while the guests depart
The mp3 samples here will give you a chance to hear some of the most requested wedding music and you may find just the right pieces there. Otherwise, look over the Repertoire List to see some of the other possibilities. Special song? Ask Mary Jane to see if it’s “harpable.” Click on the MP3 links below to listen! And remember these are just a few possibilities.
- Processionals and Recessionals Canon in D (Pachelbel)
- Andiam, Mio Tesoro (Italian, XVI C.)
- Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Bach)
- Dance of the Blessed Spirits (Gluck)
- Bridal Chorus (Wagner)
- Trumpet Tune (Purcell)
- Fanny Power (Carolan)
- Captain Sudley’s Dowry (Carolan)
- Carolan’s Welcome ( Carolan)
Meditation Music Suitable for candle lighting or sand ceremonies, offertory, or communion music.